Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's good for me to be reminded that things are just temporal

While I was shopping at the grocery store today, my wallet was stolen from my purse in the shopping cart I was pushing.  I had taken my wallet out to look at my coupons and then set it back in my purse, but I didn't close my purse.  Then I turned away from the cart to look at what I wanted to buy.  And it was gone.  My wallet and nearly everything that is used to identify that I am who I am. 

The good that came about...

The manager of the store complimented me on being very calm.  We stayed in his little office, all 8 of us, for over and hour.  The children were not rowdy and I really didn't feel that badly about what happened. 

It really is comforting to know that my home is in heaven and this earth is just a stopping place. 

1 comment:

Joel, Jes and the rest said...

So sorry your wallet was stolen...that can be frustrating to have to replace all those IDs and such.
Hugs!
Jes