Saturday, January 2, 2010

Curtailing internet activity

I found that since I deactivated my facebook account, I feel...less busy. One less thing to check when I get on the computer. That's a very good thing.

I don't manage my time very well so I think I need as little distractions as possible.

I also don't need to know what every friend is doing, playing (should their high scores impress me or just make me covet their time to play?), eating, laughing about, trying to win, enigmatic remarks, etc.

Curiosity killed the cat. It could kill my sense of discretion and moderation, too.

I understand that many things can be used for good. This kind of internet activity can so become intrusive and unprofitable that I think, for me and my household, it's best to refrain and pick up the phone. Or email. Or plan a visit.

There are practical concerns are well.  

No comments: