Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby is 22 weeks


I now weigh triple digits. Baby is definitely growing. This baby is more active than I remember my other babies. I wonder if that's any indication of a boy. Even Noah is rooting for a girl. I know when the baby is born and we find out what sex the baby is, we will be so happy to have that boy or girl. I think if I found out right now that we're going to have a boy, I may feel a little tiny bit disappointed just because I'm thinking we may have our third girl soon. I'd much rather just wait until birth and have no room whatsoever to have differing emotions about the baby's gender to deal with for the next 18 weeks. When I was expecting Noah and Noble, I thought both would be girls. And at their births, those thoughts were totally extinguished like they were never there. I'm so grateful that Chris doesn't want to find out ahead of time either.

I think the baby deserves some privacy. God gave him his special place to grow. All I need to do is to respect that this baby is his/her own person and is not ready to be outside of me. Should my curiosity preempt my baby's right to be left alone?

No comments: