Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We'd rather miss out

There is a free golf camp next week for the children of deployed servicemen. I called today and asked how to sign up. I would need to bring the children's shot records to register. I asked about getting a waiver. I was told that there would not be enough time to get it approved before the camp.

Ok. Fine. We can play golf on our own. And we won't suffer from the side effects of vaccinations.

I just need to remember that there's a reason why we homeschool. It's because we want to protect our children.

Lord, thank you for using these missed opportunities to remind me that the world's ways are not your ways, even if they are enticing. We are not missing out when we trust in You to take care of us. Thank you for keeping us healthy through good nutrition. I especially thank you for making breast milk to give the children life-long immunity. I know that we are susceptible to diseases and sicknesses because this is a fallen world. I also know that you give us knowledge to reject what is not wholesome for us. Please continue to bless us with good health and the desire to keep healthy nutritionally.

No comments: