Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Remember the chia pets?


Well...they're really good for you! I've just ordered 25 pounds. So you know who to get in touch with if you want some. :)

I was going to write about all the health benefits of chia, but since the information is already out there, I won't bother.

Maybe we'll try to grow some of our own Chia pets soon. I just can't let Max know that they came out with them in the 1970's. He thinks anything '80s and before is really goofy. He's right, but little did we know how good the chia seed really is for us. It's ok if he thinks his parents are goofy products of the '70s too. One day he will be a father and his thinking will become rational. We love you, Max, even if you are a product of the '90s. :)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Wow! I had no idea that Chia is good for you! How funny! ;)

Freida said...

It's such a great little seed! I soak them in our water and juice everyday now and the kids love crunching them. I like how it can be absorbed even swallowing them whole, unlike flax seeds.