Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby is 38 weeks

No matter that I've had 7 children.  Each pregnancy still is as exciting and unpredictable as ever.  Last Friday I thought I was in labor.  Chris had just started a two week night shift and I was in bed thinking this was it!  And then, he came home!  I hadn't even called him.  He inflated the pool and I gathered what I wanted for the birth.  Then God answered Chris' unspoken prayer, I think.  He didn't want the baby to be born with us both tired.  My contractions didn't seem to be as consistent so we went to bed.  And that was that.  I guess a warm up was in order so I can really get super excited for the real thing.

God's timing is better than my timing.

We have been so blessed by our little church family.  Last Sunday, they prayed for us and then showered us with love and dessert and money to buy a double jogging stroller.  The ladies told me that they decided to give us money instead of an actual stroller because they thought I could find a good deal.  Well, God is the one who provides.  I saw a double jogging stroller on Craigslist this morning and I got it this afternoon for a very good price!  A church blessed us in such a wonderful way.  Just like how our church is.  For the whole family.

I'm still learning to rest in the Lord and wait on Him.  This pregnancy is no exception.  God never wastes anything.  Everything to draw us closer to Himself.

3 comments:

Rebecca Fowler said...

Freida, I have been thinking of you so often these past few weeks with your very close birth! This is a wonderful post and made me smile so much :)
We miss your family lots and I still remember the first time we came over to visit at your house! Your friendship has been so nice. Did you know that our next baby is due at the very beginning of January? We are almost 37 weeks!


Rebecca Fowler

Christine said...

Praying for you, dear friend!

Unknown said...

Saw your post. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers. God bless your birthing.

Love you, Freida! I'm so excited for you :)

Kimber