Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Loveliness

We went to the grocery store and bought a few items.  The 20 things in the picture cost me $1.40.  Did you notice that the yogurt was organic?  Healthy food CAN be had and it doesn't have to break the bank.  On the way out of the store, I was stopped by some beautiful roses.  It was the color that made them irresistible to me.  I debated whether I should spend $5 on these gorgeous 10 stems.  I am glad my frugal side lost out this time.  I sent Chris a picture of the roses and told him that he could have them.  And give them to me, if he'd like.  He did.  Now, I don't have to feel like I splurged.  The children wondered what the occasion was.  I told them that we needed this little bit of loveliness in our home today.  And just because.  And I got my husband to treat me with them in the end, so I think it turned out to be a very good shopping day.

P.S.  I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging about how little I spent on my groceries today.  I can waste money with the best of them.  I just wanted to demonstrate that God does provide and eating healthy can be done, even on a budget.

4 comments:

Kimberline said...

Well, I for one would LOVE to see what you bought on your thrifty shopping adventure! I think you forgot the picture :) I'll come back later and see if it is there.

I'm glad you "splurged" on the roses. I agree that sometimes loveliness is a necessary expense.

Christine said...

Wow! You got an amazing deal on that wonderful organic food! I agree, sometimes I have to tell my normally frugal self to enjoy some of life's loveliness, as well! I really think that there is a balance. Blessings!

Hannah Leigh said...

I love the first picture! So cute. =D
I was wondering; I had sent you a letter last week or the week before; did you get it?

In Christ,
-Hannah

Kimberline said...

I see it all now. The roses are just gorgeous :)

Way to shop, thrifty lady! Yay for you!