Sunday, February 14, 2010

Movie review

I haven't watched Avatar so I cannot give a personal review but plenty of others have watched it and have given their thoughts about it.

Here's another review that mirrored my first reaction to this movie.  There is nothing new under the sun.  Everything is just a rehash of the same old, same old.

Interesting how even the New York Times sees the religiosity behind the movie.

I know my children would absolutely be thrilled to watch this movie.  It's eye candy.  I hope they don't get a chance to watch it until they are grown and can discern truth from propaganda.  I hope we will have taught them that whatever this world dreams up can never match the splendor that Heaven holds for us.  I hope they will find that even in this fallen world God has given us victory over sin and we can have abundant lives without buying into the falsehoods of imaginary utopias that make us dissatisfied with what God has given us.

What makes a blockbuster?  Money.  If enough money is sunk into entertainment, people, unbelievers and believers alike, will go and make sure their money is part of what makes history.

No comments: